If you are considering plastic surgery in Chester, choosing your clinic can seem like a daunting task. Many undergo cosmetic surgery to help boost their self-esteem so having your long-awaited procedure go wrong can really affect your body and mind.
We’ve put together a 10-point guide to help you choose the best clinic and surgeon for you:
- A personal recommendation is always a great place to start. It doesn’t mean you should book in with the surgeon or clinic instantly but it gives you a name or location to start your search. Surgeons rarely advertise themselves so getting a good recommendation can really help. Why not check out reviews too to see what real people who have had the experience say?
- Check that your surgeon has had a wealth of experience and that some of that experience was in the NHS. This gives you surgeon a weight behind their name and shows they have correctly carried out the procedures under scrutiny before.
- Once you have some names of potential surgeons you should check to see if they are registered, or are members of the main professional organisations for Plastic Surgery in the UK. These include; The British Association of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons that list recognised Plastic Surgeons in the UK and The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons that list Surgeons in your area who specialise in Cosmetic Surgery and are submitted to yearly audit.
- You should also check to see if the surgeon you are considering is specialised in the procedure you wish them to perform on you. You can usually do this by going to their website and checking what procedures they offer.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your surgeon how many procedures they have performed, in particular for the type of surgery that you are enquiring about too.
- A good surgeon should be open and honest with you and this includes making sure you are well informed about all the possible risks and complications that could occur following the treatment you are considering. They should offer you a consultation beforehand to talk these through with you and check the surgery is right for you.
- You should be able to see before and after photos of patients that your surgeon has treated. Feel free to ask for more information about the photos including the time between which they were taken.
- Your surgeon should be happy to put you in contact with patients he or she has treated or at the very least direct you to legitimate reviews so you can hear a personal testimonial of their work.
- Check out which clinic you will be treated in. The major clinics in the UK have very high standards and are regularly audited.
- Be sure to cover what happens after surgery if you are not happy with your results. There should be a revision policy in place.
Appointments for Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in Chester
If you are considering a plastic surgery clinic in Chester, you can arrange an appointment with Mr Alvi with ease. He offers regular clinics for patients looking to discuss their options and returning patients during their aftercare.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment with Mr Rizwan Alvi, please call 01244 421 028. Alternatively, you can fill out this contact form.